Technoweld are the leaders in welding inspection, provideing your business with Senior Welding Inspectors and Coating Inspectors. Technoweld can fulfill your entire inspection service requirements.
- visual inspection
- detailed review
- site representatives, and
- surveillance over your welding processes
We can help you achieve your project’s demands by developing your Welding Inspection and Weld Test plan required for inspection.
The Technoweld Inspection Services can include drawing review, material control, material cutting and shaping, process and operator qualification, material welding, production process control, dimensional control, NDT coordination, PWHT verification through to coating, dispatch, bolting procedures and preparation of Manufacturing Documentation (MDR’s).
Our Welding Inspection Service
The Technoweld Welding Inspection Service includes:
- Development and review of specifications.
- Pre-inspection meetings.
- Pre-fabrication vendor document reviews.
- Fabrication and welding inspection.
- Dimensional inspection.
- Progressive inspections.
- Visual welding inspection.
- Final inspection.
- Coating inspection.
- MDR reviews.
Our highly experienced Welding Inspectors operate as the judicial representative of an organisation, examining welds ensuring all aspects meet the acceptance criteria of Australian standards and purchasers specifications.
Inspectors interpret the contract document, codes, and specifications and apply the intent of the document to construction.
They also monitor progress to avoid delays at all costs.
Welding Inspection is typically controlled by an inspection and test plan which Technoweld can develop to ensure the requirements of your weld testing project are met.
A welding inspector monitors the work to ensure that:
- Materials are traced and not damaged
- Joint preparations are in accordance with the Welding Procedure Specifications and drawings
- Welds are produced in accordance with drawings
- Welding is carried with specified equipment using the proper welding consumables, stored as per manufacturers recommendations
- Procedures are followed and it is verified they are using qualified Welding Procedure Specifications
- Welding is performed in accordance with the relevant Standard
- Welders hold valid qualifications
- There is no damage to components through handling and transport
- Proper torque values are met at bolted connections
- Completed welds are the required size and length, confirming to the acceptance criteria
- NDT is complete, compliant and performed correctly
- Hydrostatic tests are witnessed
Our inspection services can also include drawing review, material control, material cutting and shaping, process and operator qualification, material welding, production process control, dimensional control, NDT coordination, PWHT verification through to coating, dispatch, bolting procedures and preparation of Manufacturing Documentation (MDR’s).
Working with Graham during my time at Pipetech was absolutely reassuring, his knowledge surrounding QA/QC is unmatched, and combined with his in depth attention to both project specifics, and the various code specifications, ensures that Grahams business (Technoweld) remains at the forefront of customer requirements.
Mainly working on pressure vessels, heat exchangers, pig launcher/receivers, coalesces, tanks and spooling, over a multitude of specifications (including the newer Norsok M650 North Sea specification), and material grades from carbon steels to 6% Molys, Grahams experience with third party inspection was at all times exceptional. This includes welding, fabrication and coating inspection.Graham is practical and a realist, and his talent and experience is at the highest level.Brad Coulter