Matt is an integral part of Technoweld’s welding inspection and supervision team. Through his role, Matt has worked on many different client projects in all areas of welding management, including:
- welding procedure development and qualification
- training and supervision
- welding and coating
He specialises in the development, review and approval of QA/QC documents including MDR’s and training and assessment of welder certification to AS1796 and Welding supervision to AS2214/ASA1796. He is passionate about helping welders improve to boost the quality of Australia’s welding industry.
His qualifications include:
- Welding Supervisor AS1796 Cert 10
- Welding Supervisor AS2214
- Certified Welding Inspector CSWIP 3.1
- NACE CIP Level 1 Coating Inspector
- Welding Certificate 8F FCAW Plate and Pipe
- Welding Certificate 7 GTAW Alloy pipe
- Engineering Tradesperson- Heavy Fabrication
Matt’s welding career began with the fabrication and welding of pressure vessels in and engineering capacity. He has worked on multiple contracts, including mining equipment, pressure pipework for the oil and gas industry, shipbuilding and the defence industry. This has seen him excel in the development of procedures on exotic materials and finding the best solutions for clients. His range of knowledge and experience helps Technoweld adapt their Welding Procedure Specifications for any industry.